Exploring the Douro, plus Lisbon & Madrid - Westbound on MS Andorinha
Centuries of wine-growing history and timeless Port traditions along an enchanting “river of gold”… white-painted quinta estates lined with terraced vineyards… art and architecture royally inspired and the joys of tapas in Madrid… Lisbon’s treasures from the Age of Discovery and beyond… Cruise through the heart of one of the world’s oldest and most beautiful wine regions on a 12-day journey between Lisbon and Madrid, featuring a 7-night cruise aboard Tauck’s new riverboat ms Andorinha, custom-designed for exploring Portugal’s “golden” Douro River. Visit quintas for wine tastings, hike through vineyards and villages, and discover the UNESCO World Heritage city of Porto, where the Douro kisses the Atlantic and timeless Port traditions steal your heart. Spend two nights each in Madrid, Spain’s bigger-than-life capital, with its bar culture and bevy of baroque and belle époque architecture – and Lisbon, gate to the “New World,” enticing with palaces aplenty and azulejos chronicling life from Moorish times to present day...
Custom-designed by our long-time partner Scylla to accommodate no more than 84 guests within an innovative deck plan featuring 12 300-sq. ft. Tauck Suites and 20 225-sq. ft. cabins, this brand-new 80-meter (263-foot) riverboat was specifically built for cruising amidst the historic quintas and picturesque villages along Portugal’s golden Douro River.
- Open seating in main dining room, The Compass Rose; flexible dining times; vegetarian meals always available
- Alternate dining venue, Arthur's, offering classic favorites at lunch and dinner and lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck, weather permitting
- American breakfast room service available in Category 5 Tauck Suites
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 AM – midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun